The Shack

Entry 355

Large Product Image


Couple of months ago in October, Chelle borrowed me this book which i had no apparent  clue on what it was about.  As i read it, it spoke to me and touched me. I would recommend you to read this book as it has somehow impacted me whilst made me realized and recall about important things which seems so insignificant at times. Everything below are straight out of the book. Here are some which stood out to me. Check it out, it's a great book ! 



Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in may facets and colours. 

"BUT WHY ME? WHY DO YOU LOVE SOMEONE WHO IS SUCH A SCREW-UP? After all the things I've felt in my heard towards you and all the accusations I made, why would you even bother to keep trying to get through to me?" asked Mackenzie 
"BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT LOVE DOES ", answered Papa 
"Remember, Mackenzie, I don't wonder what you will do or what choices you will make. I already know. Let say, for example, I am trying to teach you how not to hide inside of lies, hypothetically of course",she said with a wink:. And let's say that I know it will take you 47 situations and events before you will actually hear me that is, before you will hear clearly enough to agree with me and change. So when you don't hear me the 1st time, I'm not frustrated or disappointed, I'm thrilled. Only 46 more times to go. And that 1st time will be a building block to construct a bridge of healing that 1 day-that today-you'll walk across". 

"Lies are a little fortress needs walls, so you build some. These are the justification for your lies. You know, like you doing this to protect someone you love, to keep them from feeling pain, whatever works, just so you feel okay about the lies". 

Take the risks of honesty. 
You tell her. You face the fear of coming out of the dark and tell her, and ask for her forgiveness and you let her forgiveness heal you. Ask her to pray for you. Take the risk of honesty. When you mess up again, ask for forgiveness again. It's a process, and life is real though without having to be obscured by lies. And remember, I am bugger than your lies. I can work beyond them. But that doesn't make them right and doesn't stop the damage they do or the hurt they course others". 

It felt safer to continue to throw new lies on the growing pile of old ones. The risk of faith. Faith DOES NOT grow in the house of certainty. 

"people are tenacious when it comes to the treasure of their imaginary independence. They hoard and hold their sickness with a firm grip. They find their identity and worth in their brokeness and guard it with every ounce of strength they have. No wonder grace has such little attraction. In that sense you tried to lock the door of your heart from the inside". 

"MY LOVE IS A LOT BIGGER THAN YOUR STUPIDITY," Papa said 

"I used your choices to work perfectly into my purpose. There are many folk like you, who end up locking themselves into a very small place with a monster that will ultimately betray them, that will not fill or deliver what they thought it would. Imprisoned with such a terror, they once again have the opportunity to return to me. The vary treasure they trusted in will become their undoing!" 

"So you use pain to force people back to you?" Mack 
"I forgave you for thinking that way. I understood how difficult it is for you, so lost in your perceptions of reality and yet so sure of your own judgments, to even begin to perceive, let along imagine, who real love and goodness are. True love never forces." 

All evil flows from independence and independence is your choice. If I were to simply revoke all the choices of independence, the world as you know it would cease to exist and love would have no meaning. This world is not a playground where I keep all my children free from evil. Evil is the chaos of this age that you brought to me, but it will not have the final say. Now it touches everyone that I love, those of people's choice, i destroy the possibility of love. Love that is forced is not love at all." 

"My purpose are not for my comfort, or yours. My purposes are always and only an expression of love. I purpose to work life out of death, to bring freedom out of brokeness and turn darkness into light. What you see as chaos, I see as a fractal. All things must unfold , event hough I put all those I love in the midst of a world of horrible tragedies-even the one closest to me." 


cheers

ruth

0 comments: