Da Beauty of Imperfection

Entry 415

Before you continue reading this post please watch this video.
I touched my heart so much, i hope you get touched by it too.
As i watch this video over again i just can't stop the tears.
It is a video directed by Yasmin Ahmad.



Like said in the video, so often we focus on the perfect side of people and what makes them a great person.
But we often forget it is the lil insignificant things they do and imprefection that makes them perfect.

I reckon most of us have gone through loss of family, friends and special ones.
While watching i had flashbacks of late grandpa's passing on and the whole mass.
And somehow i took some time off just to think who grandpa really was and how he has left a legacy in my life.
At most times it takes something drastic to make us appreciate that person,
whilst when having them around we take them for granted.

This commercial is a great reminder to me to cheerish and appreciate everyone who has, who is and who will pass through my life and to love them even more.


[Gary im gonna steal your questions ('',) and adding on some]


When was the last time you look back and think how much a person have done for you?

When was the last time you spend quality time with that peson?

When was the last time you say this three simple words, "I Love You" but could mean the world to the one you loved?

When was the last time you thought about them in the midst of you hectic life schdule?

When was the last time you have done something for them that would make them feel appreciated?

When was the last time you encouraged someone?


It is never too late to start now!
Therefore with every moment you have with that person you love, cheerish and cease the moment and enjoy it!
Appreciate them to the bits like how you would when they have passed on.
In the end it is the lil imperfection which make them perfect for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEAR MUM

As you turn wiser on this day
As you celebrate your big day
I would like to tell you that

I LOVE YOU HEAPS !
I APPRECIATE YOU HEAPS !
I APPRECIATE YOUR NAGGINGS AND LECTURES WHICH ARE NEVER ENDING BUT I KNOW IT IS FOR A GOOD CAUSE.
I MISS YOU HEAPS !
I can't wait to see you and hug u.
I can't wait to be you lil gal for abit again just to chill and hang out with you.
I can't wait to talk life with you face to face.

I am Thankful for a mum like you
I am Thankful for being a role model to me ( a Proverbs 31 woman! )
I am Thankful for you being a blessing to me
I am Thankful for being there for me at all times
I am Thankful for your concerns about me
I am Thankful for your uncondition love even though im such a headache
I am Thankful for your care and bringing me up to who i am today for the past 20 years
I am Thankful for a friend like you
Eventhough we make the best enemies at times :P
I am Thankful for your never ending and tiredless encouragements
I am Thankful for you being my listener
I am encourage by your passion and love for God

Mum i reckon who i am today is not by my own strengh but because of :
Your love
Your time
Your effort
Your care
Your comfort
Your teachings
Your discipline
Your encouragements
Your prayers
Your naggings/lectures
and everything else

I am able to be who i am today.
Thank You for that !
I truly appreciate it and i regret that i don't say this often enough.

I LOVE YOU MUM !

Have an awesome day !
Take care n God bless

cya soon!

LOVE ur daughter
Ruth Tan

4 comments:

Ally said...

awwww, i miss my mummmy too! *sniff*

ruth tan said...

i know hey i miss mum too :P

Andrew said...

*hugsss*

ruth tan said...

thanks man *hugs*